5 Things You Can Load Using Truck Ramps
If you own a pickup truck, you already know how useful they are for yardwork, outdoor excursions, traveling or helping friends — how does anyone get by without them? Truck ramps are an indispensable part of that. Not having them limits what you can put in your truck’s bed to what you can lift and carry. A good set of ramps opens up a whole new world of possibilities.
Get the Most out of Your Ramps
Whether you’re using your truck bed for work or for play, truck ramps make loading equipment quicker and less dangerous for your truck and yourself. Here are five things that are easier to load with ramps.
- Dirt bikes and other all-terrain vehicles (ATVs). Riding ATVs on the street is illegal in many places. You need a good pair of ladder-style or solid ramps to load those bad boys and haul them to ATV trails. Easily fold down the tailgate and roll the vehicles up. If you’ve got a strong, rugged bed cover, you might be able to put the bikes up there — just make sure they’re properly secured before you get going.
- Mountain bikes. Lighter toys, like bikes, are a lot easier to ride or walk up ramps into the bed of your truck than to lift up. When you use ramps with protective pads that keep the tailgate safe, there’s less risk that something will slip. Otherwise, you could end up banging your bike against the bed, injuring it, your truck and possibly yourself in the process.
- Furniture and appliances. If you’re moving residences or helping out a friend, using a dolly, cart or hand truck makes loading larger items into the truck a breeze.
- Lawnmower. Got a lawnmower and some ambition? You might be only a pair of truck ramps away from starting your own neighborhood lawn service. After all, you don’t want to go wheeling it down the street door-to-door on its own.
- Snowblower. If you have a bit of property and need to deal with a lot of snow, a riding mower with a plow attachment or a snowblower will get to where you need it quickly and easily by wheeling it up the ramps and into your truck’s bed.
Once you have a good pair of ramps for your truck, the ideas and opportunities for making the most of them will quickly come to light. You’ll be surprised by how many things you’ll use the ramps for and wonder how you ever got along without them.
Check out all the truck products available on NAPA Online or trust one of our 17,000 NAPA AutoCare locations for routine maintenance and repairs. For more information on truck ramps, chat with a knowledgeable expert at your local NAPA AUTO PARTS store.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.