Effective Date 10/1/2020
In this Privacy Notice (“Notice”), Genuine Parts Company (NAPA, NAPAOnline, NAPA AutoCare), (also referred to as ” “we,” “us,” or “our”) describes the types of personal information we may collect from you in connection with your interaction with us, including when you visit our stores, websites, mobile application, online services or otherwise interact with us (the “Services”) that display this notice. These Services include services available through our stores, website, social media pages, mobile applications or other online products, services, content we offer.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal information We Collect Directly from You
We collect personal information from you when you use our Services and interact with us. The information we may collect includes: your name, information about your vehicle, country of residence, date of birth, address, phone number, account number, job title, company, email address, your marketing and communications preferences, and other information you choose to provide us, including when you register with our Services. We may also collect information relating to:
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys, such as those that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Services. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Services. Financial transactions are carried our through a secure server. We do not store credit card information on our servers or systems.
- Contact information from the “Your NAPA” registration form order forms, contest forms, and other sources.
Personal information We Collect Automatically
Personal Information We Collect From Third Parties
We also collect information about you from third parties, such as marketing agencies and analytics and information providers. We may combine information we collect about you with information from third parties.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we gather to provide services to you and to respond to your inquiries. This includes:
We may also process your personal information to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, or with your consent.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may disclose the information we gather with our affiliates and third parties. For example, we may share information with:
- Service providers and/or data processors: We may share personal information with third-party service providers that perform services and functions at our direction and on our behalf (including your local NAPA stores). These third-party service providers may, for example, provide you with Services, assist in processing transactions, or provide customer support.
- Financial institutions and other companies involved in helping carry out the transactions in which you engage.
- Other third-parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- To comply with any legal, regulatory or contractual obligation, or with any legal or regulatory process (such as a valid court order or subpoena) or advice of counsel;
- To third parties to market our or their products or services to you;
- To establish, exercise, or defend legal claims or our policies;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction; or
- In connection with the purchase, sale, merger, consolidation or transfer of all or part of our business.
We may also disclose data to fulfill the purposes for which you provide it, or with your consent.
ONLINE INTEREST-BASED ADS
NAPA works with digital advertising and marketing companies to provide you with ads that meet your interests and that enhance your experience with us. These ads may be displayed on websites or device applications operated by us or third parties, and they may be based on information about your activities or preferences collected by us or third parties.
To provide you with a consistent shopping experience, we may also associate various devices you utilize (e.g., smartphones, tablets and desktop computers) by using the information we collect about you. We may combine information we collect from your devices with other information we have about you, such as your NAPA account information, your interaction with our sites, apps and services and your transaction history.
Certain coalitions of advertisers have created guidance for online advertisers and provided a mechanism for such advertisers to comply with users’ choices regarding interest based ads. They allow consumers to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the coalitions. Please follow the links below to opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of these coalitions. You will need to exercise these opt outs on each browser on each device for which you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising.
You can access your personal information to update, correct, add, or delete the data you have provided to us. To do so, access the “Your Account” page of the website with your e-mail account and password.
If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may continue to send you non-marketing messages, such as messages relating to your transactions with us.
As of the Effective Date above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services.
If you are a registered user of the Services, you may access your personal account information online and make changes by logging into your account.
We have implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards designed to protect your personal information. Still, we cannot guarantee the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY PRACTICES AND YOUR CALIFORNIA RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, click here for more information about our privacy practices and your rights under California law.
We take your privacy concerns seriously. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or if you believe that we have not complied with this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information, you may write to email@example.com.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify this Notice from time to time and we will notify you of changes to this Notice by revising this notice and updating the Effective Date above. If we make any material changes to this Notice we will notify you by posting a notice on our website.