How to Find Perfect Mother’s Day Gifts for Gearhead Moms
Finding Mother’s Day gifts for a lady gearhead could be easier than you think. If she’s an enthusiast of a particular manufacturer, such as Mustang, then you’re already sitting pretty. Any branded merchandise, such as wheel covers or floor mats, could be a hit.
But why limit yourself to just branded gifts? Here are nine Mother’s Day gifts ideas that are sure to delight the most diehard of motorhead moms out there:
- Get It Together! Consider hiring an organizer to introduce order to the chaos of your mom’s garage, home, closet or office. For the always-on-the-go moms, this could be a life-changing gift. You could also look into buying her some literature about the virtues of cleanliness to help her find a place to start among towers of tools and stacks of motorist magazines.
- Give the Gift of Education: Purchase a gift certificate to a weekend at Land Rover Experience Driving Schools. Mom can take the course on off-road driving while staying at a luxurious resort.
- Ride in Style: Treat mom to a day of instruction at a racetrack or rent a luxury ride for the day. You can also order up a chauffeured Rolls-Royce to take her out to dinner. Even if it’s just at your local pub, the ride is half of the fun.
- Auto Fashion at Its Finest: At the Ferrari Store, you’ll find branded apparel like Ladies’ LaFerrari sheepskin leather jackets in mahogany or black with contrasting colored details. If that’s not her style, check out the Ferrari Turbo sunglasses or Tod’s Ferrari County Moccasins.
- Haute Hog Couture: Harley Davidson is prepped and ready for Mother’s Day gifts. The rhinestone-embellished muscle T-shirts with stud and eyelet accents and the ‘blinged-out’ jackets deserve a look.
- Bring on the Brands: Whether your gear gal is a truck owner or not, anything branded RAM or Jeep is sure to start a conversation with other enthusiasts. Although there’s too much merchandise to list here, expect to find awesome gear like hats, mugs, bags and even smartphone cases.
- MINI-moms Are Covered: When it comes to MINI products, you simply cannot go wrong. At ShopMINIUSA, you can snag MINI-branded dog collars, tag necklaces and trendy Puma ankle tops with radiator grille-styled rubber soles.
- Looking for Leather? Look no further: LeatherUp is the go-to site for all things motorcycle merchandise-related. Even if your mom’s not a motorcycle gal, she could totally rock a leather vest or funky pair of boots.
- Classic Gifting Ideas: Not all Mother’s Day gifts have to be car-related. What gear gal wouldn’t appreciate a day at a spa to degrease, a basket of soaps and lotions to soften those callouses or even a simple pledge to give your mom the day off. Don’t forget breakfast in bed!
No matter what you choose to get your mom, make sure she knows how much you appreciate her by getting her something that speaks to her personality. Our mothers deserve star treatment, and these ideas are just a few of the awesome gifts you could go with for car lovers.
Check out all the maintenance parts available on NAPA Online or trust one of our 17,000 NAPA AutoCare locations for routine maintenance and repairs. If you’re looking to whip up more ideas for Mother’s Day gifts, chat with a knowledgeable expert at your local NAPA AUTO PARTS store.
Image courtesy of Flickr
Holly Reich View All
Holly Reich writes about cars, culture, travel, health, beauty and more.Her work has appeared in Fortune, Parents, NY Daily News, Chicago Tribune, Washington Post, Redbook, NY Observer and dozens more. Holly, a recipient of several writing awards, has also reported on media outlets including: Fox, Lifetime TV, The Discovery Channel, AutoLab and AutoWorld radio. She is a voting member of WWCOTY (Women's World Car of the Year), TAWA (Texas Auto Writers Association) and Citizens NYC. Holly's passions include, cooking, swimming, Pilates, gardening and hanging with her family in NYC.
Leave a Reply